Google
 

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You Digg?

It has been a while. But a blog wouldn't be a blog without an entry that started like that. I think that was the most commonly used phrase in every journal I ever used as a youth. My web time lately has been consumed by what I think is a great website. Digg.com is a fantastic website. It basically is a site that gives people the chance to make something they see online popular. If they 'Digg' a site, it moves onto the Digg.com site. The more people that Digg it, the higher it moves on the list. Eventually, a superpandimensional post might just appear on a Digg homepage near you.

Now listen. I feel like I might get some shit for saying this from two different groups of people. So let me break it down into a non-visual flow chart.

Are you a tech geek? If so, move on to part two. If you answered no, please see Part One

Part One

As I understand it, Digg used to be a site that focused mostly on tech related articles. Back in December though, the started pushing other catagories such as sports and business up on the homepage. They "sold out." Fact of the matter is though, while I like tech news, I'm into everything. Thus, Digg is still good in my book. Problem though, the mainstream move has really brought some douchey shit to the site, namey in the comments. Comments will be crap no matter where you look though.

Part Two

It is no longer a site that only geeks use. So check it out.

Now this being said, I have decided to add Digg This to our posts from this post on. Perhaps I will go back and add it to the old posts, I don't know. We shall see. Meanwhile, I give you Digg.

No comments: